Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Major pain in the back and legs

I went in today for a steroid shot in my lower spine, and in the tail bone. I had this done first part of Dec and it lasted until Dec 25, and it was great to have no pain in my back, but I did over do for the rest of my problems, because I could. My legs would get so weak, because I would keep going. But the day of Christmas, I could feel it, start. I thought too much work, but when I asked today why it only lasted for three weeks they said this was normal. Lot of people do not get any relief so it was a good sign to get the relief I did. What they try to do, I understood by what they said was that they try a few shots and relocate them to cover the nerves that are affected to try to ease the pain. It will not take it away but they hope to make it a little better. The pain doctor did say to keep swimming after this week of rest after the shot, (they do not want you soaking in warm or hot water, or hot tubs) they want the steroid to sit where they put it, I have to ice it for a few days so it does. The hot water or heat will make the steroid treatment disperse to other areas. So hoping it does help again as the pain level in my lower back and legs have been unbearable for a week now. Just dragging myself to do anything. Now what to blame it on I do not know. My arms also hurt bad even to touch them. So it could be the small fiber neuropahty too. Could be the myosits also. Who knows right? Will be anxious to get back to swimming next week as it does make me feel like I am doing something.

My eyes and brain have felt funny too, blurry, kind of out of it, hope that goes away soon. That is from the Hashimoto's Encephalopathy hard to concentrate on things. Again one does not know when to call or go into a doctor. Just let it go and see where it goes is my thing lately. Because I am so sick of doctors and appointments. Really sometimes with all the research I have done I feel like I may know more about some of the rare autoimmune diseases then some of my doctors. I do not mean to be rude about this, but really I do. The problem is I do not know how to express myself or use the big words they use in the text I read. But it is up there in my brain, it is easier for me to write it then to speak it. In fact last night I was staying with a friend overnight in a hotel close to the clinic I was to get the treatment for today, and had to apologize for my speech. I had to close my eyes several times to think of the word I wanted to say. Again it is the Encephalitis/Encephalopathy. Good thing it was a good friend and she understands somewhat.

Well time to go and ice my back again, what a pain in the butt, (no bun intended) lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment