So, to call or not to call, write a letter, or not write a letter, gee. My doctor came back today and read my letter, I got a phone call right away from her nurse telling me the doctor (neurologist), read my letter and wants to know who authorized the lowering of my Imuran, when, and why. Well I am thinking, to myself "hey I am not the doctor here" but I knew what she meant. My neurologist is like my quarterback in my health care and I am so grateful for this and to her, she will call my rheumatolgist and discuss my case and what to do. This is great, but when I went to my rheumy in Oct he wanted to take me off the Imuran because of all the bad side affects of the drug,( which I explained in an earlier post). He told me to talk to my neurologist at my appt in Nov. for which I did. She did not feel I should because of the Hashimoto's Encephalopathy that I have so she said she would call my rheumy and discuss it with him. She did they called me and said to stay on it. On ward to Dec, when I needed a renewal on the prescription. I got the presc from the rheumy and it was lowered to three a day instead of 4. Well I did think to myself it would have been nice to know they were lowering it, but just went ahead with it. Now because of my letter to the neuro she did not know it was lowered and was upset. The nurse asked if I would call the rheumy office and find out if it was a mistake or for real. (Go ask you mother, go ask your father). So I did and they did, and I did again call the neuros office and told them and they called me back again and said stay on the three. If I keep having symptoms to call. Oh by the way the doctor agreed I should not have taken the other prescription the doctor on call prescribed when she was gone. But I am thinking so what about the sweet potatoes. GEE.
So went my day. Sorry for spelling tonight, for some reason the spell check does not want to help me tonight. It must be talking to my two doctors and can not decide whether or not it should or should not help me out. GEE.
No comments:
Post a Comment