Well picked up the new med that was prescribed for me this morning, but decided not to take it until my normal Neurologist comes back from vacation. I do not believe this is the right thing for me to take. Yes I am not a doctor, or even have any medical training per say, but my gut tells me NO. The drug is called Risperidone .025 MG and is a anti psychotic drug. Well for just seeing sweet potatoes on my bathroom door, lol I do not feel warrants this type of drug. Here is one has to be pro active with their health care. This doctor that prescribed it, more than likely (probably 100%) certain has never treated a Hashimoto's Encephalitis patient before. Since it is so rare, and maybe about 200 cases in the world. So what are the chances. The side affects of this drug, is muscle weakness (I already have myosistis, myopathy) Can affect the brain neurons (I have this already too) believe me I do not need to loose more than I have. Can cause weight gain which according to this is almost certain (well obviously the doctor has never seen me) he would know I do not need that too. There is a list of others for which I can not afford to get as a side effect. I know all meds have them,. but I do not want to risk this one. I looked up treatments for H.E. and did not see any,mention of this drug as a treatment. So I will wait to take it until I talk to my friend Dr. Santillian.
No comments:
Post a Comment