Well got a call from the pain mangement clinic to see how I was doing with my steriod shots in my spine and tailbone. I had to tell her it was a disapointment this time, with no difference felt. I do not believe she wanted to believe this as she kept on asking me if there was any difference. But there is not so what can one say but the truth.
They always ask what the pain scale is right now, I do not like this either, when you live with chronic pain it is hard to put a number on it. I believe if I had to think about this that my back is constant 2or a 3, but then if I do to much or move the wrong way it is 5 or 6 and can go even higher depending.
So how does one answer this question when asked. Same as my leg muscles, arms, feet, fingers, what do I say when I have to put a number to them. They hurt all the time, never does not. So lets see today my knees are a 3 (only when I use them) My fingers and hands are around a 2 but will get worst when I am done typing. My thighs ache I think they are like a 4 but if I do not sit down they will become an 8. I think one gets my drift. I realize they have this pain scale for a reason. It helps them better understand how one hurts. But when you are dealing with someone with chronic pain I think it should be different. My 2 is more than likely someone who does not have pain everyday all day long is a 5 or 6.
Well enough complaining. The Hashimoto's Encephalpathy is making me afraid I am having some old symptoms again. I feel like I can not comprehend what others are saying, brain is not processing the information right. Even with TV I sit right on top of the dang thing, turn it up and can hear but it is not all making sense to me. I hate this. I had this a lot before I was dx the first time. People would talk to me and it would be bla, bla,bla to me. So this is scarey. I do have hearing aids so I do have a problem with my hearing, but that is not it, it is a comprehension, with my brain or a focus issue. Not sure. I will have to watch my next appt is not until April, so will have to see what the next few weeks bring. I do not want more IV infusions, I think I will reguest the plasma exchange for which I have read about. It seems to have put a few people into remissions.
Well good bye till next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment