Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bladder Issues Yippie

Well, another specialist added to the list. Yippie, is right. Nice doctor, very smart, but what the heck. I know have a what I call a pee pee doctor. I had to give in and go after suffereing for a few years. It seems with all my issues, the small fiber neuropathy, the Hashimoto's Encephalothy, UCTD, myositis, that they all can cause Bladder issues. Well of course it does for me. I would not want to miss out on a side affect of any of my disease. With out sounding gross, I have a bladder that always feels full, always have pressure and have to go. Even just a little, but where others would not even notice that they have to go,my bladder causes me to be uncomfortable. So I run constantly. Also have incomplete emptying. This is where you are done, get up and go to pull up undies and you start to drip, told ya gross, but this is a fact of life for me. So my new Doctor, did some tests for which I will never do again, Yuck. Maybe it is just me, but I am sorry never again. One was a cafiter that is equiped with a camera and is inserted into the bladder and moved around to check out all the bladder walls and check for cancer or anything else, then the other test they insert two cafiters into the bladder in different areas hook you up to electodes that measures your muscle contractions, then with an IV with water they fill your bladder up to compacity to see how much you can hold. I have to tell you my bladder was so sore all night after that I could hardly stand it. I know they do it for a reason to make sure there is nothing bad going on, so I passed that, yeah. But the pressure was very bad. Now trying Vesacare, Can I tell you holy cow price is so high, 199.00 for one months worth of meds. The doctor is very nice and did give me names of other drugs to check to ssee if my insurance will pay for instead of this one. I have had some good days since taking it and some bad. He also said not to eat fruit like oranges, cranb juice, or acid juices and worst of all, not to drink caffined pop. That is my only last vise. Now gone, That is depressing. I have to go back in a month, he said surgery is last resort, and that was good news too. So that is enough of that, yuck. Have had some really bad days, with pain, vicadin does not even touch the pain, forwhich is everywhere in my body. I can not touch upper arms, or upper legs, so much pain to touch. I am still swimming and enjoying it, but not going as much as I want because of the pain issues. I could not tell you whether it is from the UCTD or myositis, Small fiber neuropathy, what I just do not know, had tests done, but nobody knows why the pain,they thought it was from the cholesteral meds I was on, but been off for over a month and not better. It maybe my back too so I will have to go back to the pain specialist. Our book for Hashimoto's Encephalopathy is coming good, going to a publisher in June, so excited around 50 stories of only around 200 of us who are dx. What a great feeling. Also doing a fundraiser for the cost of publishing we have a cookbook to come out soon with recipes from all over the world. All of us HE people, so nice to all come together and do something positive. We also have a website now for the Hashimotos Encephalopahy. Please go to www.hesaonline.org to fing a lot of information on this rare disease and links to even more information. Well for now, I have to go and play with my new puppy. He makes me move even when I think I can not. I can move fast when I see him sniffing around for a place to go potty lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment