Wow
I am sick, the IVIG whopped my ass and they only did half. The experience its self was nothing, went easy, but the very well educated nurse said, I do not believe we can do this all in one day, she said the first loading dose is always higher. So 4 1/2 hours later I was done with my first treatment, a small headache coming but she gave me something in my IV to help minimize. Got home, felt, funny, but not like everyone talks about. Talked to my children and fellow IVIGers and said wow I am going to be a lucky one I think, and WHAM it hit. The headache from HELL. I could not believe it, all night long, I could not sleep move my head, or leave it still, no matter what I did, I hurt so bad. Thought of the ER because you can get Meningitis but sweated it out. Then I got cold, shaking, then got up at five am to go again for second treatment and wanted to cry. So much pain, and then nausea oh my, I thought I was going to loose it. I laid back on the bed, trying to close my eyes to stop the nausea, the headache, tried to call the infusion center to ask if I could skip todays, but could not get anyone, my appointment was for 8:30am so laid on the bed until 8:00 and took a fast shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed same clothes as yesterday I was to sick to care, and off I went. Got there and the great nurse I had said, oh wow maybe we should put off todays. A sigh of relief came over me in between the pain in my head and the nausea in my stomach. She called my rheumy who said, lets wait until next week to finish it. prescribed anti nausea pills, (that worked like magic). But the headache, wow, he prescribed some pills for tonight when I go to bed, said they will make me feel to dizzy to take during the day. (Oh how I wanted to take those dam pills). So went to bed, with the dogs, the little one barking for which I wanted to strangle him, the pain every time he barked. But made it through the day, now sitting here trying to get water in me as I know you are suppose to drink a lot of it and I wasn't because it hurt to swallow even the swallowing motion moved my head.
So moral of this story is, I sure as hell hope this is the answer to my autoimmune diseases, and small fiber neuropathy. Because this pain has to be worth something, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment