Friday, June 21, 2013

Barametric Pressure and Pain

I was told a few years ago from my rheumy that I should be aware of the weather. At the time I wondered, what the heck does the weather have to do with me? Well there were a few times that I figured it out rather quick. Unbelievable pain, then a day or two later major snow storms, or thunderstorms. But I guess I forgot those words of wisdom, as Tues my pain in all my joints, muscles, nerve endings hurt so bad I did not know what to do with myself. I blamed it on the physical therapy I had the day before as the dr had increased the workout as I was doing pretty well. But by the time I got home, I could hardly walk, then the next day I was chair bound. I would get up and use the bathroom, do a dish or two, I crawled down the basement stairs and did a batch of wash, but then back onto the chair. I hurt so bad even my pain pills were not touching it. I hurt even sitting, throbbing like a toothache, everywhere. Then three days later a storm front comes in. I big one. Then I remembered what my rheumy had said, a few days before is when you feel it. Wow another point for Dr. Hermitano. Although I do think it was a combo of the PT and the storm front coming in, It was bad. I hate days like that. It makes me realize I am sick. Other wise I can go along my merry way trying to ignore my legs hurting, or my back, or my feet, or hands, or shoulders etc because it has become a part of me, pain is part of my life. It is ok, as long as I can keep going. I have to accomplish something each day or I am not happy. So push, push, push, but still limit the activity level so I do not use all those dam spoons up. lol. But Tuesday I was disgusted with my body, with my doctors, with everybody. I did not even want to do my crafts, or type. Is it depression on days like this, maybe, is it just the pain, maybe. But what ever it is, I do not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment