Thursday, July 31, 2014

IVIG Here I Come

Now whether this is a good sign or a scary sign but it only took days for me to be approved for the expensive treatment of IVIG. I could not believe it when the nurse called me to tell me. I was in Awe. And my Rheumy did it on his own with out the neuros help because they kept playing phone tag so just went ahead on his own.

I was first scheduled to have it this Friday Aug 1, but they called me back a few days later and said they would prefer to have me have my first treatment when my doctor is in the building. He is from Green Bay WI and comes here once a week. So I appreciate that they are being extra careful as I know you can have side affects. /They also said they feel it will take at least four hours maybe more so if I could come early in the morning, again no problem. I have researched IVIG a lot, and also on a Facebook web page for it so I have had a lot of information and help from people who have or are having the same treatment. Again thankful for these sites and these people. Nothing is better then to hear advice from the people who are getting the same thing.

This I hope will help me with my walking, and joint pain, memory, brain issues, weakness. I can not wait to see what it does. I will take a few months of treatment. So right in time for Christmas. lol

When I am having a good day I think, I don't need this treatment, but then like today and yesterday when I can barely move my legs and arms, so much weakness and pain, hip, back, it is bad. Fatigue is awful I think I can not wait.

We are starting to collect stories of HE patients for our Second edition of our book Understanding Hashimoto's Encephalopathy. We are also collecting them from the care givers as they have a very valuable story to tell also. They are the forgotten victims of chronic diseases.

Time to go no spoons today I am already on tomorrows supply not good.

P.S. If anyone who reads this has HE please feel free to submit your story we would love to add it to the book. Just let me know and I will tell you were to submit it to.

xoxoxo to all

No comments:

Post a Comment