Well tomorrow I leave for a five hour trip to see my old Neuro who left the area and moved on to Gunderson Lutheran Neuroscience Center. I did a lot of research on the teaching hospital and I am very impressed and encouraged in what I have seen. I already love my neurologist Dr. Santillan, it is just hard to get to a place so far away when I am not allowed to drive except for local, and my husband has macular degeneration, so I have to depend on my great friends that I have. And I do I have great friends, Thank God. I don't know what I would do with out them. So a great long time friend is driving me and we will stay over night as my appointment is for 8:00 in the morning.
I am hoping Dr. Santillan can shed some light on some new and worry some symptoms of tremors, Tremors that even affect my tongue. Very weird. My arms will tremor so bad, I can not control my fingers to type, It will last for quite a long time, I have to just have to sit because my legs will feel like they will give in. But my tongue is all the time. I did a little research on this and of course it can be symptoms of many things such as ALS for which I am sure it is not, MS. MG. etc, but it could also be my hashimoto's encephalopathy, or small fiber neuropathy. So I understand why my rheumy wants me to start IVIG. But it would have to come through the neurologists office as he has told me, because of the severity of those diseases would help to be approved.
As luck would have it for me, lol, I broke a tooth Fri night, sooooo went all weekend with a broken hurting tooth and mouth. Had the tooth pulled today, so hopefully it wont be too painful when I go tomorrow. The dentist did say because of the Sjrogrens I have it will make my teeth and especially my gums deteriorate easier so to be aware. Gave me special toothpaste for gums. So this was new, I read where you have to be careful with your mouth but did not realize your gums. lol, Really dumb, right, lol it is part of my mouth. lol. Well I will say between the scar tissue yet from the lip biopsy's and the tooth being pulled, my mouth is one mess. It is bad when it hurts to even drink water.
I will be back to tell you about my appointment. I hope I have good news.
Have a safe and enjoyable summer.
Susie
No comments:
Post a Comment